The Salary Indemnity Plan funds the BCTF’s Health and Wellness Program. The program works with disabled teachers to assist them in their medical recovery and with return to work plans. Contact the VESTA office for more information about BCTF’s Health and Wellness Program.
You can self refer to the program by completing the online self referral form.
Living with Balance
BCTF’s Living with Balance program is a series of group workshops for BC teachers. This program has been initiated by the BCTF Health and Wellness Program and developed by the Occupational Rehabilitation Group. There are a select number of BC communities where this program will be offered this year. Living with Balance is a group workshop, which typically runs for two hours once per week. It focuses on developing tools and skills related to improving one’s vitality and resiliency. The holistic approach to wellness will equip teachers to make simple lifestyle changes that will positively affect their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
This six-week group program will provide opportunities for:
- education, self-evaluation, and examining the importance of maintaining life-style balance
- discussing the importance of nutrition; exercise; sleep
- managing symptoms of low mood, anxiety, and stress; boundaries and managing conflict
- learning strategies that increase awareness of factors that contribute to fluctuations in mood as well as methods to manage them
- reviewing proven techniques used to improve self-esteem and self-confidence, and manage stress and low mood
- defining what work-life balance means to each of us and what happens when our roles collide, having good boundaries is often attributed to having clear values
- discussing how to be intentional, creative and assertive when you need to be
- learning the importance of social connections and community in building long-term wellness, understanding that social isolation is a significant health risk factor.
Contact the VESTA office to find out when the next Living with Balance Program will run.