Extended Health Benefits
In September of 2012, and again in January of 2015, VTF members voted at a VTF General Meeting to keep our existing extended health benefits through Pacific Blue Cross, rather than to accept the provincial benefits package.
At a VTF General Meeting on January 14th, VTF members voted on a process of reexamination of the Extended Health Benefits Plan for the life of our current Collective Agreement (2013-2019). To that end, the following motion passed at that meeting:
THAT as long as the VTF retains the current EHP plan:
i. By April 01 of each year of the 2013-2019 collective agreement, the VTF EC will meet to review the provincial extended health care plan.
ii. The VTF EC will make a report regarding the provincial extended health care plan to a VTF General Meeting before June 30 for each year forward, until the end of the 2013-2019 agreement.
iii. Any subsequent membership vote to join the provincial extended health care plan will be by secret ballot.
Below is a summary of some of the more commonly used benefits in that plan. For specific plan details, please contact Pacific Blue Cross.
- Reimbursement–80% until $1000 paid per family, then 100%
- Annual Deductible–$25
- Lifetime Maximum–Unlimited
- Per Prescription Deductible–$0
- Sexual Dysfunction–Not Covered
- Oral Contraceptives–Covered
- Fertility Drugs–$3000 lifetime maximum
Medical Services and Supplies
- Out-of-province emergency medical–Covered
- In-home nursing care–Covered with Doctor’s note
- Hearing Aids–$500 per ear over 60 months (adults)
- Miscellaneous Services and Supplies–Covered (subject to the reasonable and customary limits as defined by PBC)
- Orthopedic shoes–1 pair per person per lifetime
- 1 pair per person per lifetime (combined with orthopedic shoes)
- Maximum–$200 per 24 months
- Eye exams per 24 months–Not covered