Chairperson: Jennifer Sabastian
The Terms of Reference of the Aboriginal Education Committee are:
- Enhance members’ understanding of Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
- Assist members in bringing into their practice Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
- Highlight the calls to action regarding education from Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
- Highlight the actions embodied by the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Assist members in developing their understanding and respect of protocols.
To advocate through VESTA for additional support and services from the VSB.
BC Assembly of First Nations
Aboriginal Rights Coalition of BC
BCTF – Aboriginal Education
British Columbia’s First Nation (BCFN)
BC Ministry of Education – Aboriginal Education
BC Treaty Commission
First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC)
First Nations House of Learning (UBC)
First Nations Schools Association
Museum of Anthropology (UBC)
Provincial Nisga’a Referendum? A Bad Idea!
Shared Learnings: Integrating BC Aboriginal Content K-10
Treaty Negotiations Office
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Assembly of First Nations
Canadian Aboriginal Resources
First Nation Profiles
INAC – Kids’ Stop
Center for World Indigenous Studies
First Nation Information Project