We are excited to announce our new Living with Balance group program for BC teachers. This program has been initiated by the BCTF Health and Wellness Program and developed by the Occupational Rehabilitation Group. There are a select number of BC communities where this program will be offered this year. Living with Balance is a group workshop, which typically runs for two hours once per week. It focuses on developing tools and skills related to improving one’s vitality and resiliency. Our holistic approach to wellness will equip teachers to make simple lifestyle changes that will positively affect their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
This six-week group program will provide opportunities for:
- education, self-evaluation, and examining the importance of maintaining life-style balance
- discussing the importance of nutrition; exercise; sleep
- managing symptoms of low mood, anxiety, and stress; boundaries and managing conflict
- learning strategies that increase awareness of factors that contribute to fluctuations in mood as well as methods to manage them
- reviewing proven techniques used to improve self-esteem and self-confidence, and manage stress and low mood
- defining what work-life balance means to each of us and what happens when our roles collide, having good boundaries is often attributed to having clear values
- discussing how to be intentional, creative and assertive when you need to be
- learning the importance of social connections and community in building long-term wellness, understanding that social isolation is a significant health risk factor.
Please register in one of these ways
1. Online at www.bctf.ca/livingwithbalance.aspx
2. E-mail your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fax your registration to 604-871-2287